Wednesday, May 05, 2010





Fear Me and My Pencil
I by no means feel called to do portraits. But, after learning the coptic stitch in watercolor the other night and feeling down right cocky because of it, I decided to give portraits a try. We started on face proportions after finishing stitching our book. I didn't know whose face would be my first victim, but I started clicking through my digital images, stalking my prey.
I have had this photo of Emma on my desktop a while. I'v always knew I wanted to do something with it, but just didn't know what. Making this sketch was obviously NOT the answer to that question, but what is art without experimenting.
When Emma gets up from her fake nap, I will see if she can guess that I was drawing her. My entire future portrait career may depend on her answer.


No comments: