Sunday, May 03, 2009



Create and Share Journal:  Mistress of Half the World
This title really got me tickled.  I clipped this blurb from an old encyclopedia I have.  According to this aged volume, Spain was once "mistress of half the world."  I granted the title to this beauty cut from a wallpaper piece.  
What you really cannot appreciate from the photo is the depth of the background.  I made a mix of gel medium, plum acrylic paint, and gold acrylic paint and slathered it on.  It is subtle and effective.  The swirls are various stamps from my collection stamped on with black ink.  I find that dye based ink won't dry over gel medium.  But, the ink I used for the swirls is from an Office Depot inkpad.  I don't know what is in that ink, but it has some stick-to-it-iveness.
Kay

No comments: