Tuesday, April 28, 2009



Create and Share Journal:  Simple Background
I was going to make a project on a piece of plain yellow paper.  But, I wanted the background a little busier.  So, I found some similar themed flower acrylic stamps and inked them in coordinating colors.  I randomly stamped them over the paper with some of the images overlapping. (Due to my poor scan, you cannot see the light peach flower in the "blank" spots.)
Sure, this is simple.  But, it occurred to me that I was going to put this in my Create and Share Journal because I often don't think about this technique when I want a little going on in the background of a scrapbook page or card.  I often overlook this simple technique to add pizazz to a paper.  This went from a yellow page to something with interest and depth.  
Consider doing a simple random stamp background on some of your plain cardstock to design your own background paper.  It will be fun!
Kay

No comments: