Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Found Objects
I am taking a found objects sculpture workshop at Lauren Rogers Museum of Art. 3D is new to me. Luckily, our teacher Mark Brown is great! He dumped a whole bunch of junk on the table and said, "Have at it!"
We have been learning how to apply some basic principles of art and how to repurpose bits and pieces to make them wonderful.
This is my second piece I started on at the last class. It is fairly small, approximately 12" x 4". It is a bit of masonite painted and collaged with some magazine pieces. I've been adding random pieces of metal that speak to me in some fashion.
This is turning out to be my favorite piece thus far. I think I am most proud of myself for resisting my innate urge to embellish it with glitter or add rhinestones. Of course, I am also very excited to be discovering a new way to create!

No comments: