Thursday, July 29, 2010



Joy to Be Shared
This is the sort of joy that just has to be shared. My husband Joseph has some secretive mischievousness in the making and all he's saying is "You'll need a fancy dress." Well, today I started my search for my fancy dress.
Trying on clothes isn't my idea of fun. I didn't even like Barbies as a kid because you were always supposed to be changing their clothes. When I clothes shop, I'd rather guess and take my chances that it will fit. That's why my favorite outfit is a white t-shirt and blue jeans. The sizes are pretty standard for such fashion fare. I can usually judge what will fit by how many prairie harvest muffins I've been averaging per week.
Evy is all about fancy. So, the idea of shopping for "princess dresses" thrilled her. She and I went about our mission with gusto this morning. She picked out dresses, zipped me up, and blocked the dressing room door from intruders.
We found a couple of favorites. Although, it was obvious from the beginning that Evy and I have very different tastes. Evy leans to "fru fru." I am a more simple or classic gal.
All the dresses were really beautiful, though. However, their price tags reflected their valuable charm.
So, next stop, Salvation Army Thrift Store. It's my go-to, one-stop-shop. Simply put, it is my equivalent of the mall.
A lady was putting out formal wear as we walked in the door. After a few moments of searching, I got this....my new fancy time dress. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. Plus, I think it is not so ostentatious that I will be able to wear it on multiple occasions. AND...I didn't try it on and it fits perfectly. It is also brand new!
For $10...me and this dress were absolutely meant to be. (Yes, you read that right. There was only a single zero in that number.)
I got joy. Celebrate with me.



1 comment:

Betty said...

Beautiful! I love your 10 dollar score, you look so pretty in it too! I can't wait to hear about the surprise your hubby has in store, sounds like fun!
Betty :)