Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Techno Lust
Joseph has always wanted to inspire the love of technology in me. I fear, despite my computer science career, I am a bit of a luddite. I got paid to integrate software and make sense of bits of data. It was mentally taxing and often trivially frustrating work. When you hear, "The computer won't let me do that" when talking to a customer service rep, it sometimes is actually true.
So, I retreated from the world of technology and gadgetry. Years pass....
Now, Joseph presents me with an Android phone via Verizon.
Oh, my. Things just work. It is a little scary. Without much effort, things start showing up on my phone. My contacts from my former Blackberry appear on my Android, now with pictures!
I have been following the moon phases. My 5 year old daughter navigated us to Office Depot using a gps/navigation program on it. My Pandora Radio application sings me a Collective Soul lullaby.
I feel like I am holding the world in the palm of my hand.
Now, if I can just figure out how to answer the phone when it rings.
Kay



No comments: