Sunday, March 28, 2010


Sanctuary
It is nice for everyone to have a sanctuary....someplace you can go to relax, meditate, or pray. I am blessed in that I have such a place here on our property. Hidden amongst the pines on the pond bank, there lies my personal little haven.
Throughout my life, I have returned time and time again to this place to renew. I am sure the water calls me. Water, for most folks, has a calming affect. In a thriving pond, there is also some entertainment value: fish striking, dragonflies flitting, turtles crawling onto a log, snakes skimming along the surface, and visiting wildlife looking for a drink or an aquatic meal. All are best observed by being quiet and still. The states most conducive to reflection and restoration.
I am very thankful to have such a blessing in my life.


No comments: