Monday, March 22, 2010


Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Wow! These were good!
I got a request for the recipe, but there isn't one. I only use recipes as guides. I don't even measure!
Usually how it works is I scan recipes to find one that has ingredients I already have on hand. Often, I am prompted to do this when something I have is about to go over and needs to be used pronto.
I will give you a "guide" for making your own Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies below. Experiment, eat the mistakes, and have fun!
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup butterscotch chips
2 cups oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter (or 1/2 cup olive oil: will be crunchier)
Mix eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla well. Add in dry ingredients. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Cook at 350 for about 12 minutes. Only want them just starting to golden up. Cool and eat!



No comments: