Sunday, March 15, 2009



Scary Stories
Emma came to me yesterday wanting to write a scary story.  She was frustrated because she had tried to imagine a scary story where the bad guy was a beaver, but, in her words, "Beavers just aren't very scary."  I told her that if she were a tree she would feel that beavers were very scary indeed.  She conceded that, but still insisted she wanted some help to make up a scary story.
I told her that I would help her by writing down her story.  I started her off with "It was a dark and stormy night..."  The rest is her doings.  She composed two stories and illustrated them herself.  
What you see above is a copy of the original manuscripts.  Read on if you dare!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Emma's imagination and creativity are wonderful. I enjoy what you share so much. Please tell her that I thought her stories were very good, but scarey.